Sonntag, 10. Mai 2009

Stefan's Movie Review: The new Star Trek

Yesterday I watched Star Trek and I have to say I was impressed, but it wasn't a real Star Trek. It was a really good and solid Sci-Fi movie with a Star Trek theme. I don't want to give too much away because I don't want to spoil it for you, but if anyone likes Sci-Fi movies thats totally a movie to watch.

I really had fun from the beginnig to the end. I loved each character; they were well written. To see all the characters fall into their roll on the Enterprise was very fun to watch. If you saw the trailer, there is a scene with the young Kirk in a Corvette being chased by the police. That whole scene was in the beginning of the movie and it felt totally out of place, because after that scene they jump 10 years forward. It totally didn't have any purpose at all. The plot involves Supernovas, red Matter, Black Holes and an old Spock traveling back in time. It is just as weird as any Star Trek and if you think too much about it, it gets really confusing. A good thing about it was that people who've never watched Star Trek can easily get into that universe and get to know the characters. I watched it with my girlfriend, and she doesn't like Sci-fi at all, but she liked this movie so I think that says a lot. As i said, the movie has the purpose to get new people to watch Star Trek. I can understand if some hardcore Trekkies didn't like it but for the rest, it was totally worth watching it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen